Europe...

Europe...
Nick in Gent, Belgium

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Special Announcement...(had a problem with posting blog earlier).

We have made a decision - it's taken 20 years!!! We are definitely GOing to Western Europe! It's all on... We will leave just after Easter, April 2010. This has been a dream for 20 years... we've prayed, discussed, researched, talked to our peers & others. It has been peculating & marinating over many years and now it's the season to GO. It was 20 years ago in a meeting I received Ps 2:8 "Ask of me & I will give the Nations as your inheritance..." I knew instantly where this was to take place and what to do: this was for Western Europe, & the task was to plant churches! It is important to note we are not planting a church, we are planting churches...from the beginning! I absolutely believe there is no missiological principle more important than the planting of new churches.

I do believe this is what we were created for, in fact I have a strong feeling that all the previous ministry experience is preparation for this to take place. So here we GO! We will aim at this stage to live in Amsterdam, Holland.

So the huge thing for us is if you could pray. As you can imagine there is a large amount to do in preparation; for instance, prayer & financial support, contacting people in NZ, Aussy & Europe who I know have been keen to join with us in some way. Supernatural leading to the right people & places in Europe.

Did you know that everyday 7000 people leave the church in Europe! The European population is less than 2% Christian. In fact many countries have less than 1% who claim to be evangelical Christians. Maybe you have heard of the 10/40 window. Now mission leaders are also talking about the 40/70 window. This includes Europe!! I believe Western Europe is the new mission field of the 21st century!!

Please feel free to email me nick@apo.org.nz or phone me +64 21 483 777

Thanks for your prayer...Eph. 3:20-21 is indeed my life scripture, It's going to be exciting to see what God will do. We are believing this next season will mean in a word; HARVEST...1000's of lives changed & discipled for Christ!!!
Until next time! Nick & Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment