Europe...

Europe...
Nick in Gent, Belgium

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Quotable Quotes, Healing & the QUOTE of quotes!

Fidges are wonderful places to find quotes: Here is one I found on a fridge in Christchurch NZ, "Happy people don't usually have a happy set of circumstances; happy people have a happy set of attitudes". So true!

In talking to a friend he mentioned a quote from a speaker who unfortunately is unknown to me and I have no knowlege of his name...but the quote was great, the context was in praying for people's healing needs, he stated; "I am not going to talk to God about your problem, I am going to talk to your problem about God". Now that's a great one!!!  I so believe and know God heals today! So much so that in most public settings I feel empowered to declare healing over peoples lives. Also I have written, what I believe is a helpful tool for encouraging people contend & persevere for their miracle. It's called, "Daily Medicine". It know this will nurture your faith.  
(www.booksbynick.com  has this resource plus others). 

But still the greatest commission summed up profoundly in few words by the greatest teacher who ever lived; "Go...Make Disciples of the Nations...Baptise...Teach everything I have commanded you", is still the greatest quote ever!!  It sums up with succinct clarity why Jesus came, our purpose in life and our mission! Lost people SO matter to God He sent His Son Jesus. The question is this: Is this our purpose, our mission?  I think if we find ourselves getting tired & weary of this...this GREAT commission quote...we loose meaning, purpose & why we have been placed on earth for, no matter what our job or vocation is... To finish...here is a great quote I heard by Dr George Sweeting in Amsterdam in 1986, "The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing".  

There are sooo many detours in life, even in church life, to sideline us from what the master teacher, God Himself, has Commissioned us to do. Let's follow the Master. 



No comments:

Post a Comment