Europe...

Europe...
Nick in Gent, Belgium

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Taupo, Mangaweka, Inspire Conference, Leadership Tip.

It was exciting being at Inspire Church Taupo on Saturday 27th June for Neville Kings Ordination. Neville came to Christ as a young boy in the Presbyterian Church. Neville and Gail have been involved in the Taupo church for many years as an Elder and now as the Senior Pastor. It was an excellent milestone event for the Church as well as Neville and Gail. Well Done Taupo!!!

The next day (28th June) we spoke at Southcity Church Hamilton. Barry and Pam Sanders are doing a great job...I love it when God moves. Many people were touched and good stuff happened. On the Tuesday following it was excellent to meet with their elders and talk about Southcity future! Fun.

Vision Churches trustees met in Tirau as it was the halfway point for people to come to. It's exciting to see what God is doing through the network. There are 18 churches part of vision churches and over 30 ministry couples. It's great to see the connections and partnerships take place. I've been to about 60% of the churches in the network and by the end of the year I'll have covered every one...some twice. Where-ever I go I see Pastors and leaders doiing there utmost for God, sacrificing and aiming to further God's purposes where He's placed them..."you are champions and don't forget you are involved in the greatest cause and God's plan A for this world!!!"

One of the theme's that's on my heart and that I've been speaking often about is "Who Christ is...we have sooo much". Often we hear what we lack, "How to overcome sin; how to have peace; How to live victoriously." etc etc... These are all good and have there place, but what about focusing on what we do have...for we have sooo much in Christ. I think often we have focused maybe even to much, on what WE have in Christ. How about focusing on the CHRIST in us!! An amazing adventure of discovery realising how big and great He is!!

Twitter is a great communication tool...who thinks these things up, incredible!! I use it often and like to think it's not only information but trust people pray for us...

Inspire Conference 23-26th July is happening! View the DVD and register online www.eastside.apo.org.nz The theme = Supernatural!! I can't wait!!!

Leadership Tip: I have found that if you are going to step out and move forward in your faith personally or as a church beware of the first "border bully!" For moving out of familier territiory or comfort zone land you will encounter the border bully called, lack of resouce! It happened to Moses. Fear will whisper and sometimes call out and shout, sometimes even screem, "your crazy, what are you doing, go back to what's familier and comfortable!!" Fear begins to invade...but I say move in Faith and move through the fear. By the way many wait for fear to totally disappear before they step out in faith. Often fear is there, pulling, tugging, softly whispering, "go back to comfort, go back to what you know, it's better for you." NO!! Often fear is there, but step out in faith!! I've had to learn if I'm going to live the dream that God has given me, I have to Live-scared! We have to defeat the border bully of no resource. Let's be wise...but let's take the steps God want's us to take.

Until the next update; continue to give thanks: I've been a Christian now for 34 years and I've discovered it still a choice I must make...yet it's a little easier now that's all. But it's still a choice! Actually living for Christ is a daily choice! Live wisely choose HIM! The greatest power we have is the power to decide!!

No comments:

Post a Comment